With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s time to start to think about our holiday decorations and of course, the centerpiece – the Christmas tree. While the traditional choice is often the iconic Douglas fir or Norway spruce, there’s another tree type that deserves recognition. This tree type is the Concolor Christmas tree. Let’s break down the unique characteristics of Concolor Christmas trees and why they’re gaining popularity among holiday enthusiasts.
What Is a Concolor Tree?
Concolor fir, scientifically known as Abies concolor, is a species of evergreen tree that is native to the western United States. The Concolor Christmas tree is beloved for its distinctive characteristics, making it a unique and refreshing choice for your holiday decor. Let’s explore some of the reasons why Concolor Christmas trees have been capturing the hearts of many.
1. Striking Appearance
One of the most notable features of Concolor Christmas trees is their striking appearance. These trees typically have a slender, pyramid shape with branches that reach outward in a spiral. The needles are long and slender, measuring up to 2 inches in length, and they range in color from silvery-blue to a bright, vibrant green. The overall look of a Concolor Christmas tree is elegant and refined, making it a fantastic choice for those who appreciate a tree with an aesthetically pleasing appearance. These trees are a beautiful, bluish-silver color and can be almost as blue as a Blue Spruce. Because of the silver tint, they’re often referred to as a “white fir”.
2. Pleasant Citrusy Aroma
One of the distinguishing features of Concolor Christmas trees is its wonderful smell. The needles of the Concolor fir emit a pleasant citrusy scent that is different from the traditional pine or spruce aroma. The lovely scent of a Concolor Christmas tree can evoke fond memories and infuse your space with a touch of the great outdoors. Their most distinguishing characteristic is their pleasant citrus aroma, described as smelling like either oranges or lemons. People who like that scent will love this tree!
3. Longevity and Needle Retention
One of the practical advantages of choosing a Concolor Christmas tree is its remarkable longevity and needle retention, which is much needed during the holiday season. Concolor firs are known for retaining their needles well into the holiday season, often outlasting other popular tree varieties. This means you can enjoy the beauty of your tree for an extended period without the hassle of constant needle cleanup. The longevity of Concolor Christmas trees makes them a cost-effective and convenient choice for your festive decor!
4. Unique Ornaments Showcase
The slender and well-spaced branches of Concolor Christmas trees create a great canvas for showcasing your favorite ornaments. The open structure allows for ornaments to dangle freely, so all of your favorite ornaments will be on display. The silver-blue to green needle color also provides an attractive backdrop that will look beautiful in your home and make your ornaments stand out.
5. Sustainable Choice
Find the perfect tree for your holiday season, and do well with the environment? Count us in! Choosing a Concolor Christmas tree can also be an eco-friendly decision. These trees are grown on sustainable farms, and they tend to have a lower carbon footprint compared to trees that are shipped long distances. By supporting local tree farms and choosing Concolor firs, you can contribute to a more sustainable holiday season and reduce the environmental impact of your festivities.
Tips for Caring for Your Christmas Tree
Now that you’re considering a Concolor Christmas tree for your holiday celebrations, it’s essential to know how to care for and maintain its beauty throughout the season. Here are some helpful tips:
**These tips can also apply to other Christmas tree types, so save this post for later!
1. Choose a Fresh Tree: When selecting your Concolor Christmas tree, look for one with vibrant, healthy needles and a sturdy trunk. A fresh tree will last longer and remain beautiful.
2. Keep It Hydrated: Place your Concolor tree in a water stand and keep it well-hydrated. These trees tend to be more drought-tolerant than some other varieties, but they still require water to stay fresh and needle retention high. See our indoor tree stand options here.
3. Keep It Cool: Position your tree away from direct heat sources like radiators, fireplaces, and heating vents. Concolor Christmas trees (and all other trees) fare better in cooler indoor environments.
4. Regular Trimming: If your Concolor tree has uneven branches, you can trim them to achieve a more symmetrical shape. Use caution and take it slow to avoid over-trimming.
5. Check for Pests: Inspect your tree for any signs of pests or diseases before bringing it indoors. If you notice any issues, it’s best to address them outside of your home before bringing it inside and decorating your tree. Don’t bring those pests into your house!
This holiday season, consider breaking away from tradition and giving the Concolor Christmas tree a chance to shine in your home. Embrace its distinct beauty, delightful scent, and lasting freshness, and you may discover a new favorite for your festive celebrations. n short, the Concolor boasts nice shape, great needle retention, beautiful color and a very unique scent. At Agway of Cape Cod’s garden centers, you’ll find a huge selection of Concolors, along with Balsams, Frasers, and everything else you need to green up your home for the holidays!